5 REASONS TO BUY A WOOD BURNING STOVE
  Wood burning stoves not only look great, and provide warmth, there is also a number...

5 REASONS TO BUY A WOOD BURNING STOVE

 

Wood burning stoves not only look great, and provide warmth, there is also a number of other things, which count as very valid reasons to invest in a wood burning stove. Below are 5 top reasons why you should be considering a wood burning stove.

1. They are highly efficient. In our industry we often talk about how efficient a fire is, expressed as a percentage. A fire, which has an efficiency of 80% for example, means 80% of the heat produced by a fire directly goes to heat a room, where the remaining 20% is waste heat, which mostly disappears up the chimney.

In recent years the industry has made advancements in fire efficiency. A traditional open fire has an efficiency of around 25%, which is poor by current standards. A modern Charlton & Jenrick wood burning stove is nearer 80% efficiency. This means less wood needs to burn to produce the same amount of heat. This has not only financial but environmental benefits too.

2. Wood is a renewable and sustainable energy. We recently wrote an article, which highlights the fact that the rise in CO2 in the environment is actually helping the additional growth of trees. Whist excessive CO2 poses a serious threat, which should be taken very seriously in a wider global sense, it does highlight how sustainable burning wood is as an energy source. There are a vast range of environmental benefits of burning wood, and also a number of myths – more of which can be read in a previous article we have produced here.

3. Charlton & Jenrick Stove Design. Our Fireline stoves are designed, manufactured and independently certified to meet BS EN13240 and EN13229 in compliance with our ISO9001 accreditation. All our stoves also have DEFRA exemption for burning logs in smokeless zones too, which is a significant advantage for those living in Smoke Control Areas. Our Purevision stoves meet EU DIN+ levels and already achieve current emission and efficiency proposals for 2022 European Eco-Design standards, which are much tougher than current mandatory norms.

4. Air Wash Technology. All Charlton & Jenrick stoves offer an airwash technology design, which helps keep the window of a fire clean and reduces tar build up. This means less time cleaning and more time enjoying a beautiful flame window. There is nothing worse than having a black, tarred up window to spoil the effect of a wood burning stove. Airwash helps reduce this problem to ensure you can enjoy your wood burning stove, not only as a heating source but also as a beautiful visual point in a home.

5. Long Warranties – All Charlton & Jenrick stoves come complete with long warranties. This means that you can enjoy peace of mind knowing you are covered for up to 12 years after purchase.

Whatever your reason for deciding to buy a wood burning stove, be sure to view the extensive range from Charlton & Jenrick. You can search for a local showroom via our Showroom Facility, or request a brochure to view our range from the comfort of your own home – Brochure Request.

ONZE MERKEN
FirelineInfinityParagonKatellPurevision
VIND EEN TOONZAL
Vind uw dichtstbijzijnde Charlton & Jenrick toonzal.
ZOEK TOONZALEN
VRAAG EEN BROCHURE AAN
Bekijk ons prachtige assortiment producten
AANVRAAG
DOWNLOAD OUR BROCHURE
Since you're interested in what Charlton & Jenrick have to offer, why not leave your email address so we can get in touch about our latest range. Or feel free to download the brouchure with the link below.